ZeroKaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iArrJeff's Brawler Guide

3 posters

Go down

iArrJeff's Brawler Guide Empty iArrJeff's Brawler Guide

Post  iArrJeff Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Starting your Brawler

When you reach level 10, you're going to want to go take the cab to Nautilus Harbor, then go into the ship and find Kyrin. To find her, walk to the right and go into the first portal you see, then walk to the left until you reach the last portal and go inside. Talk to her and she will make the first job advancement for you. VoilĂ , you're a pirate.

AP Build

The first thing you're going to want to do when starting to make a brawler is to decide on the AP build.

The least common AP build is dexless, in which you would leave your dex at 20. This build requires dex equips and the damage is a bit lower than the low dex build (unless you are AMAZINGLY funded and have absolutely perfect equips).

The most common AP build is low dex. This consists of capping your dex at 30-50. This build allows for str equips, but some dex equips are needed. This build also has the highest damage and in my opinion is the most convenient. It IS the most expensive to maintain but I HIGHLY recommend this build as I have my dex at 50 and I have never had problems with my dex, even as I started my brawler with no funding. To achieve this build, use the auto-assign until you have the 30-50 dex you desire.

The cheapest build is using auto-assign, which would mean that your dex is your level. Having your dex at your level means all your equips can add str, but in return has weaker damage than the other 2 builds.

Skill Build

The best build I can recommend is making out Somersault Kick, then maxing Bullet Time, followed by maxing Flash Fist, then the last skill point will go into Double Shot.

This is because Somersault Kick is a mobbing skill and it is actually a pretty strong attack so raising it first would get you to 30 the fastest. Bullet Time should be maxed after SSK (Somersault Kick) because it gives accuracy, also avoidability. Some people disagree on maxing Flash Fist but I would highly recommend maxing it instead of Double Shot because you don't get any other single-target attacks until 4th job and Flash Fish does a lot of damage. And the reason the last point goes into Double Shot is because Dash is not useful, especially when you accidentally activate it while training and you cannot use potions while in Dash so it might be responsible for a few deaths.

So this would be how it goes:
Level Skill
10 Somersault Kick (1)
11 Somersault Kick (4)
12 Somersault Kick (7)
13 Somersault Kick (10)
14 Somersault Kick (13)
15 Somersault Kick (16)
16 Somersault Kick (19)
17 Somersault Kick (20) Bullet Time (2)
18 Bullet Time (5)
19 Bullet Time (8)
20 Bullet Time (11)
21 Bullet Time (14)
22 Bullet Time (17)
23 Bullet Time (20)
24 Flash Fist (3)
25 Flash Fist (6)
26 Flash Fist (9)
27 Flash Fist (12)
28 Flash Fist (15)
29 Flash Fist (18)
30 Flash Fist (20) Double Shot (1)

Equips

You don't really need to focus on equips much in 1st job because they aren't important. The crocell hat is a must because it's free and doesn't take too much time to get. You can acquire this by doing the chain of quests through Kyrin and Muirhat (located just outside of the room Kyrin is in). If you have the money, get 100% overall dex scrolls for a 10 dex overall, it helps. Also if you have the money and want to, 100% your knuckles for an extra 7 att.

Training Spots

1-10 Maple Island (duh :P)
10-15 HHG1 - Snails, Slimes and Orange Mushrooms.
16-21 Pig Beach or HHG1 - Ribbon Pigs/Normal Pigs and Green Mushrooms.
21-26 KPQ or Ant Tunnel Mini-Dungeon - Zombie and Horny Mushrooms.
26-30 KPQ or Evil Eye Cave IV or Excavation Site III (in perion on the way to GPQ) - Evil Eyes and Wooden and Rocky Masks.

Time to Brawl

Once you reach level 30, go back to Kyrin and click on her. She will have 2 different quest options for you, in which you will choose "How to become a Brawler". She will tell you to defeat monsters by only using Flash Fist and bring back 15 Potent Power Crystals. After the conversation closes, click her again and this time click on "I have something to tell you.". She will teleport you into the Pirate Test Room, where you are to obtain the Crystals. The monsters are very easy so you should have no problem with doing this. Once you have 15, simply go talk to her and she will take you out of the room. Once you are out, click on her again and then click on "How to become a Brawler". Click "OK" twice then click on her again and click on the only option available. Congratulations on making the Brawler job advancement and enjoy the HP and MP boost ;).

Skill Build

There are a few different ways on how to raise your skills and I guess it all depends on how you train or if you want booster early or if you can wait for it. I HIGHLY recommend choosing to max Improve MaxHP first as it gives a good boost to HP and you get the most HP out of your Brawler. The next part is all decided on where you wish to train during your experience as a Brawler. If you're going to cpq through levels 30-50 then I recommend on maxing Improve MaxHP first (which in all situations you should max first), then max Knuckler Mastery, followed by a combination of raising Corkscrew Blow and Knuckler Booster at the same time until booster is 12 and then continue maxing Corkscrew Blow. After that, go ahead and max Double Uppercut and then go back to Knuckler Booster and max it, followed by maxing Backspin Blow. 11 AP is left over, which you can either put in MP Recovery or Oak Barrel. The better choice would be to put the AP into MP Recovery so max that and then the 1 remaining SP will go into Oak Barrel. If you plan to train normally, I suggest that (after maxing Improve MaxHP) you put 1 in Corkscrew Blow and max out Knuckler Mastery, then finish maxing Corkscrew Blow, then I would suggest raising Knuckler Booster to 12 and after that, go ahead and max Double Uppercut. Backspin Blow is the only attack left so max that and then go back to max Knuckler Booster. MP Recovery would be a better choice than Oak Barrel so that leaves you with max MP Recovery and 1 Oak Barrel. The choice is yours but I'll include both builds:

This would be the build if you plan to CPQ your way through 30-50:
Level Skill
30 Improve MaxHP (1)
31 Improve MaxHP (4)
32 Improve MaxHP (7)
33 Improve MaxHP (10)
34 Knuckler Mastery (3)
35 Knuckler Mastery (6)
36 Knuckler Mastery (9)
37 Knuckler Mastery (12)
38 Knuckler Mastery (15)
39 Knuckler Mastery (18)
40 Knuckler Mastery (20) Corkscrew Blow (1)
41 Corkscrew Blow (2) Knuckler Booster (2)
42 Corkscrew Blow (4) Knuckler Booster (3)
43 Corkscrew Blow (5) Knuckler Booster (5)
44 Corkscrew Blow (7) Knuckler Booster (6)
45 Corkscrew Blow (8) Knuckler Booster (8)
46 Corkscrew Blow (10) Knuckler Booster (9)
47 Corkscrew Blow (11) Knuckler Booster (11)
48 Corkscrew Blow (13) Knuckler Booster (12)
49 Corkscrew Blow (16)
50 Corkscrew Blow (19)
51 Corkscrew Blow (20) Double Uppercut (2)
52 Double Uppercut (5)
53 Double Uppercut (8)
54 Double Uppercut (11)
55 Double Uppercut (14)
56 Double Uppercut (17)
57 Double Uppercut (20)
58 Knuckler Booster (15)
59 Knuckler Booster (18)
60 Knuckler Booster (20) Backspin Blow (1)
61 Backspin Blow (4)
62 Backspin Blow (7)
63 Backspin Blow (10)
64 Backspin Blow (13)
65 Backspin Blow (16)
66 Backspin Blow (19)
67 Backspin Blow (20) MP Recovery (2)
68 MP Recovery (5)
69 MP Recovery (8)
70 MP Recovery (10) Oak Barrel (1)

And this is the build if you plan to train your way through 30-50:
Level Skill
30 Improve MaxHP (1)
31 Improve MaxHP (4)
32 Improve MaxHP (7)
33 Improve MaxHP (10)
34 Corkscrew Blow (1) Knuckler Mastery (2)
35 Knuckler Mastery (5)
36 Knuckler Mastery (8)
37 Knuckler Mastery (11)
38 Knuckler Mastery (14)
39 Knuckler Mastery (17)
40 Knuckler Mastery (20)
41 Corkscrew Blow (4)
42 Corkscrew Blow (7)
43 Corkscrew Blow (10)
44 Corkscrew Blow (13)
45 Corkscrew Blow (16)
46 Corkscrew Blow (19)
47 Corkscrew Blow (20) Knuckler Booster (2)
48 Knuckler Booster (5)
49 Knuckler Booster (8)
50 Knuckler Booster (11)
51 Knuckler Booster (12) Double Uppercut (2)
52 Double Uppercut (5)
53 Double Uppercut (8)
54 Double Uppercut (11)
55 Double Uppercut (14)
56 Double Uppercut (17)
57 Double Uppercut (20)
58 Backspin Blow (3)
59 Backspin Blow (6)
60 Backspin Blow (9)
61 Backspin Blow (12)
62 Backspin Blow (15)
63 Backspin Blow (18)
64 Backspin Blow (20) Knuckler Booster (13)
65 Knuckler Booster (16)
66 Knuckler Booster (19)
67 Knuckler Booster (20) MP Recovery (2)
68 MP Recovery (5)
69 MP Recovery (8)
70 MP Recovery (10) Oak Barrel (1)

Equips

So by now you should have upgraded your equips by a decent amount, depending on how funded you are it'll be different for some people. Hopefully you're not still stuck with the crocell hat and have gotten a helm with str but dex might be needed, again depending on how funded you are. If you have the money, invest in a zhelm. But if you cannot afford one, then work toward it. Do quests that give you scrolls that you can sell so you get closer to buying a zhelm because it helps A LOT. If you are really funded, a scar helm for str gives better stats so pick up one of those. As for a cape, a PAC is the popular choice. You can find cheap 2 att ones with some str on it too :) So for gloves, atleast an 8 att wg is necessary. If you're funded, try to get 12+. Now for the overall, it's hard to get a decent overall with little mesos because of how expensive the overall str scrolls are. But with the new potential items, you might be able to find a great deal on a good overall in the fm. If you're dexless, get a dex overall, but if you're low dex/normal dex, then try to get as much str in the overall that you can for your money. The prices of overalls vary because there aren't really any good overalls for pirates in the level range of 30-70. The MTS has basically nothing for sale so you're either up to scrolling something yourself or browsing the FM hoping to get lucky. You should have atleast a spiegelmann as far as pendants go. The chaos spiegelmann is pretty good, plus it's free. So if you don't have the money for a dep star, go ahead and collect the coins for the chaos spiegelmann. If you have the money for a dep star, get one. The +5 to all stats comes in handy. For belts, the white belt in dojo is really easy to get so definitely take the time to get the points for one, there are also 100% scrolls for belts so look for belt str scrolls for a 4 str white belt. If you enjoy doing the dojo, go ahead and upgrade your belt to get the most str. Shoes aren't really that important at this level, the level 60 shoes are pretty common and you should be able to find some in the fm, the ones scrolled for dex usually aren't expensive. The MTS is really cheap so if you have the nx for it, you'll find good deals in there. Thanks to the potential equips coming out, str and dex earrings are easy to find now. So if you need dex, get some dex earrings. If you have enough dex, get some str earrings. They shouldn't be too much because they're common. Holy Cross Earrings are usually the best bet for good prices so keep an eye out for those. As for the not-so-important equips such at medal, face accessory and ring, you can do the quests for a medal that adds stats if you want or just stick with the Adventurer medal. Face accessories are very expensive but if you have the money for one, they're pretty convenient. And about the rings, you can only trade the Explorer ring once so if you've already traded it, then you don't need to worry about that but if you did get the lilin's ring, then definitely equip that. Last but not least, a Knuckler. You definitely want to focus on this the most so keep your eyes open in the fm and such. Luckily, Knuckler att scrolls are really cheap so if you try scrolling one yourself and fail horribly, it's not such a big deal. Look out in the fm for the Maple Golden Claw, it's the level 64 maple weapon, it gives a great boost to accuracy and hp, plus it's 5 str clean. Scrolled ones shouldn't be too much money either.

Training Spots

30-50 CPQ - You get a big exp bonus at the end (especially if you get A rank) and you also get exp for killing the monsters.
30-40 Mushroom Kingdom - Do the quests in here and you'll see that this place is good for exp. There are also penguins in this place that provide a really good training ground.
40-50 Truckers - These guys are in Singapore and have a really nice spawn plus are great for exp.
50-70 CPQ2 - Just like CPQ1, there is a big bonus at the end but you get barely any experience for killing the monsters.
50-60/70 MP3 - This map, Mysterious Path 3, is also located in Singapore and is pretty much the best place to train at for these levels. The monsters give great exp and the spawn is good. Most people leave this map at level 60 but you can stay here until 70 if you are consistent with the map and keep the spawn even.
60-70 V/Hoodoos or WRs - Voodoos and Hoodoos are a good map to train at if you're not strong enough for Wind Raiders yet or if you can't find an open channel. They're good exp and everything too. But if you are able to go to Wind Raiders, then definitely train there. The exp there is amazing and the spawn is awesome if you kill them properly. I'll try to make a video showing the best way for a Brawler to train here.

The Path of a Marauder

Once you reach level 70, go to Pedro in El Nath who is located in the big house full of the 3rd job advancement people and click on "I'd like to make my 3rd job advancement!". You will then need to go back to Kyrin in Nautilus Harbor and she will tell you to find Door of Dimension which is in The Cave of Evil Eye II. To get there, take the VIP cab or walk to Ant Tunnel Park and go into the bottom left portal. Then just go down another portal and you'll see it. Make sure you have enough potions and maybe an attack potion before you go in. Once you're in, walk to the right and go in the portal, then you'll be in the map where you must defeat the clone of Kyrin. She will summon a clone of herself during the battle so try to focus on the main one but if you can't then mob them. After you kill her, she will drop a Black Charm. Loot that and climb the rope on the right and click on the Sparkling Crystal. Go back to Kyrin and she will give you The Necklace of Strength. Go back to El Nath and give the Necklace to Pedro. He will tell you to go to the Holy Grounds and offer a special item. You will need a Dark Crystal to do this part. You can buy them in the FM or buy 10 ores and have one made. Once you have the Dark Crystal, make your way to the Holy Grounds. Take the far right portal in El Nath and keep taking the right portal until you get to the map "Cold Field II". Once you get here, enter the top portal and keep going up until you reach Jeff the Dungeon Guide. Talk to him and go in. Keep going up until you reach the map "Sharp Cliff II" and there will be a door on the top platform on the right. Go in it and the Holy Stone will be at the bottom. Sit down in your chair before you start because you loose 10 HP every 10 seconds in the map and if you take too long you might die. When you're ready, click on the stone to begin. I will include a link which will have all the answers for the questions HERE and if a question is not on there, look at the comments to see if anyone has posted the answer. Once you have completed this, the Holy Stone will give you The Necklace of Wisdom. Bring it to Pedro and congratulations on making Marauder :)

Skill Build

A lot of people question whether or not to raise Shockwave, or to max it before Energy Charge/Blast. Through my experience as a Marauder, my opinion on this topic is that Shockwave is a waste of SP. Shockwave is really slow and you can only use it while in Transform. Even though Energy Blast is only available while Charge is active, it only takes a couple of mob attacks to re-gain the Energy Charge bar compared to waiting at least 480 seconds to use Transform again. I am STRONGLY suggesting to max Energy Charge/Blast first. This will give you the best experience out of your Marauder and you will level the fastest using this build. After you max out Energy Charge/Blast, Stun Mastery is the next best skill because it crits monsters that are stunned and Energy Blast gives a 40% stun rate. After Stun Mastery, max Energy Drain. It heals HP really fast but only when Charge is active. Then Transform comes next, and after that you can choose to either max Oak Barrel or put the remaining SP into Shockwave. I would suggest Oak Barrel because it's a Pirate's Dark Sight and you'll be getting Dragon Strike soon so Shockwave isn't needed. So with that being said, here is my Marauder build:

Level Skill
70 Energy Charge (1)
71 Energy Charge (2) Energy Blast (2)
72 Energy Charge (3) Energy Blast (4)
73 Energy Charge (5) Energy Blast (5)
74 Energy Charge (6) Energy Blast (7)
75 Energy Charge (8) Energy Blast (8)
76 Energy Charge (9) Energy Blast (10
77 Energy Charge (11) Energy Blast (11)
78 Energy Charge (12) Energy Blast (13)
79 Energy Charge (14) Energy Blast (14)
80 Energy Charge (15) Energy Blast (16)
81 Energy Charge (17) Energy Blast (17)
82 Energy Charge (18) Energy Blast (19)
83 Energy Charge (20) Energy Blast (20)
84 Energy Charge (21) Energy Blast (22)
85 Energy Charge (23) Energy Blast (23)
86 Energy Charge (24) Energy Blast (25)
87 Energy Charge (26) Energy Blast (26)
88 Energy Charge (27) Energy Blast (28)
89 Energy Charge (29) Energy Blast (29)
90 Energy Charge (31) Energy Blast (30)
91 Energy Charge (34)
92 Energy Charge (37)
93 Energy Charge (40)
94 Stun Mastery (3)
95 Stun Mastery (6)
96 Stun Mastery (9)
97 Stun Mastery (12)
98 Stun Mastery (15)
99 Stun Mastery (18)
100 Stun Mastery (20) Energy Drain (1)
101 Energy Drain (4)
102 Energy Drain (7)
103 Energy Drain (10)
104 Energy Drain (13)
105 Energy Drain (16)
106 Energy Drain (19)
107 Energy Drain (20) Transform (2)
108 Transform (5)
109 Transform (8)
110 Transform (11)
111 Transform (14)
112 Transform (17)
113 Transform (20)
114 Oak Barrel (4)
115 Oak Barrel (7)
116 Oak Barrel (10)
117 Shockwave (3)
118 Shockwave (6)
119 Shockwave (9)
120 Shockwave (12)

Equips

At this level, your equips should be pretty decent. Hopefully you should have acquired a zhelm, or even better, a scar helm. You don't really need to worry about scrolling one unless you have the cash to do so, I would just suggest buying a good one if you do. Your cape should be a PAC by now with a good ratio of att:str/dex or you can get a stat % cape. By now, 10+ att wgs are necessary, mainly because of the competition for training grounds at this level. Overalls are easier to find in the Marauder levels. Scrolled ones are a lot more popular and there's tons of potentialed Red Belly Duke's around the FM. As I explained in the Brawler Equip section, just try to find the best one for your money or try scrolling yourself. If you are level 80 and above, you can do the Bounty Master quest which gives you a Deputy Star so definitely have a look at that. For belts, have at least a white belt with 100% scrolls for str/dex on it. If you are funded in the hundred millions/billions, go for a Witch's Deep Purple Belt. They have att and some people have scrolled ones with high att. Shoes are a lot easier to obtain at this level too, the level 100 Black Duke Barkin Shoes are really common and come 6 str clean. There are also quite a few potentialed ones around the FM. If you are really rich, go invest in some Face Stompers. Also, thanks to potential, str earrings are common. Holy Cross Earrings have the biggest supply and they don't cost much. Scrolled knuckles are more common at this level too. Although they might be expensive, things do cost more at this level. If you have access to NX, you can honestly find a good White Fangz in the MTS for under 10k. As for the other miscellaneous equips, the Veteran Adventurer Medal is in your posession now but if you have a better medal, wear that instead. Just keep your eyes open for good deals and such, stroll through the FM every now and then and maybe you'll get lucky.

Training Spots

70 - 80/85 Windraiders - This map is on the way to Crimsonwood Keep. There is also a map inside Crimsonwood Keep. The exp here is amazing and the spawn is awesome if you kill them properly. I'll try to make a video showing the best way for a Marauder to train here.
80/85 - 90 Stormbreakers - These monsters are inside Crimsonwood Keep. They're great exp but they drain your pots because they hit a lot.
85 - 90 Vikerola - These guys are right outside the Gallos map. They're good exp but they don't really come in mobs.
90 - 120 Gallos - This map is the best for training at these levels. Especially when you max out Energy Charge/Blast because you can mob them and the exp is beautiful. This map can be very populated at times.
100 - 110 Nightshadows - These guys are also in Crimsonwood Keep. They're good to go to if you can't find an open Gallos channel. Still good exp and the mobs aren't bad.

As for Buccaneer... Let me get there first.

If anyone finds a mistake I have made, or if you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments. Thanks and enjoy.

Last edited by iArrJeff on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
iArrJeff
iArrJeff
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

iArrJeff's Brawler Guide Empty Re: iArrJeff's Brawler Guide

Post  iArrJeff Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:41 pm

**RESERVED**
iArrJeff
iArrJeff
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  WhiteMageAbyss Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:41 am

Never fully 100% a knuckle until at least 50, It's not cost effective. Also

18 Bullet Time (5)
19 Bullet Time (Cool
20 Bullet Time (11)
21 Bullet Time (14)
22 Bullet Time (17)
23 Bullet Time (20)
30 Flash Fist (20) Bullet Time (1)

I think you mean Dash.
WhiteMageAbyss
WhiteMageAbyss
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  iArrJeff Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:45 pm

WhiteMageAbyss wrote:Never fully 100% a knuckle until at least 50, It's not cost effective. Also

18 Bullet Time (5)
19 Bullet Time (Cool
20 Bullet Time (11)
21 Bullet Time (14)
22 Bullet Time (17)
23 Bullet Time (20)
30 Flash Fist (20) Bullet Time (1)

I think you mean Dash.

thanks for spotting that one out Smile
iArrJeff
iArrJeff
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Spaztaztic Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:29 am

Great guide jeff. You planning any others?
Spaztaztic
Spaztaztic
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  iArrJeff Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Spaztaztic wrote:Great guide jeff. You planning any others?

thanks and not at the moment.
iArrJeff
iArrJeff
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down